Phlebotomists are a vital part of a healthcare team. Their job is to draw blood from patients for tests, transfusions, or donations. They will also assist patients during and after the procedure to make sure they are comfortable. Most phlebotomists in Utah are able to find full-time employment with benefits, even while training.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Utah
- Non-profit university accredited by WASC Senior Commission
- Professors with real-world experience and student centered approach
- Flexible, fully online degree programs responding to the market needs
- All courses are offered six times a year with clear path to completion and reduced time-to-degree
- No additional costs for textbooks or other fees
- Personal support from application to graduation leading to high retention and graduation rates
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Fitness & Nutrition
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Adult Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
In order to become a phlebotomist in Utah, there are a few requirements that need to be met. First and foremost, a phlebotomist must have a high school diploma or GED. Colleges will usually require transcripts. Many schools also require a background check and drug screening. If the school does not, most jobs will. In Utah, training programs must include 40 hours of classroom training, 40 hours of clinical training, and a passing score on clinical assessments. Most programs take somewhere between six and eight weeks. After completion of a program, you will also need to pass an examination from one of the national professional phlebotomy associations. Utah recognizes all national phlebotomy certifications as well as out-of-state certifications.
Application Process and Costs
Every different school of phlebotomy will have different application processes and tuition charges. However, most of them are pretty similar. A background check and drug test are one of the first steps. You will also need a copy of a shot record and to obtain any shots that you are not up-to-date on. You’ll also need a recent TB Test. Some programs will even require applications to have a Basic Life Support Training at the provider level. You’ll also need to fill out an application. Most programs will cost about $600 or less not including any books or supplies. The tuition may or may not include an application fee, background check fee, or drug testing fee. However, many programs include paid externships, where you earn money while still earning your certificate.
Qualified phlebotomy training courses must include 40 hours of classroom experience and 40 hours of clinical experience. Based on this model, there are no entirely online phlebotomy programs that lead to certification. However, it is possible to complete the 40 hours of classroom training online. With this model, you will need to be able to locate a facility where you can do your supervised clinical experiences and hands-on examinations. This is a good option for individuals already employed when they begin their training.
Maintaining Certification/License and Renewal
In order to continue employment eligibility as a phlebotomist, it is important to maintain certification. Most professional organizations that offer national licensure will require phlebotomists to show continued competency in the field by providing documentation of employment and/or completing continuing education courses. Many will also require a fee to renew licenses. Normally, phlebotomists will renew licenses once every three years.
Salary & Job Prospects
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that phlebotomists typically earn about $30,000 per year, which is a very good sum for fewer than three months of education. In Utah, median earnings are slightly higher than the national average at $31,500. In addition, phlebotomy jobs are growing at a rate faster than most other occupations. Phlebotomy is also a very portable occupation with every area needing phlebotomists and jobs available in doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and with non-profit agencies such as the American Red Cross.
Phlebotomy is a great career to have right now. Earning potential is far above the cost of education to become one. In addition, phlebotomists usually have little to no school debt. It is a good career to start out in the healthcare field, and many find they enjoy it enough to stay there.
More Phlebotomy Training in Utah
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Bridgerland Applied Technology College||Logan||(435) 753-6780||1301 N 600 W, Logan, UT 84321||batc.edu|