Phlebotomists are a vital part of a healthcare team. Their job is to draw blood from patients for tests, transfusions, or donations. They will also assist patients during and after the procedure to make sure they are comfortable. Most phlebotomists in Utah are able to find full-time employment with benefits, even while training.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Utah
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Pharmacy Technician (Grand Junction)
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Diploma in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
In order to become a phlebotomist in Utah, there are a few requirements that need to be met. First and foremost, a phlebotomist must have a high school diploma or GED. Colleges will usually require transcripts. Many schools also require a background check and drug screening. If the school does not, most jobs will. In Utah, training programs must include 40 hours of classroom training, 40 hours of clinical training, and a passing score on clinical assessments. Most programs take somewhere between six and eight weeks. After completion of a program, you will also need to pass an examination from one of the national professional phlebotomy associations. Utah recognizes all national phlebotomy certifications as well as out-of-state certifications.
Application Process and Costs
Every different school of phlebotomy will have different application processes and tuition charges. However, most of them are pretty similar. A background check and drug test are one of the first steps. You will also need a copy of a shot record and to obtain any shots that you are not up-to-date on. You’ll also need a recent TB Test. Some programs will even require applications to have a Basic Life Support Training at the provider level. You’ll also need to fill out an application. Most programs will cost about $600 or less not including any books or supplies. The tuition may or may not include an application fee, background check fee, or drug testing fee. However, many programs include paid externships, where you earn money while still earning your certificate.
Qualified phlebotomy training courses must include 40 hours of classroom experience and 40 hours of clinical experience. Based on this model, there are no entirely online phlebotomy programs that lead to certification. However, it is possible to complete the 40 hours of classroom training online. With this model, you will need to be able to locate a facility where you can do your supervised clinical experiences and hands-on examinations. This is a good option for individuals already employed when they begin their training.
Maintaining Certification/License and Renewal
In order to continue employment eligibility as a phlebotomist, it is important to maintain certification. Most professional organizations that offer national licensure will require phlebotomists to show continued competency in the field by providing documentation of employment and/or completing continuing education courses. Many will also require a fee to renew licenses. Normally, phlebotomists will renew licenses once every three years.
Salary & Job Prospects
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that phlebotomists typically earn about $30,000 per year, which is a very good sum for fewer than three months of education. In Utah, median earnings are slightly higher than the national average at $31,500. In addition, phlebotomy jobs are growing at a rate faster than most other occupations. Phlebotomy is also a very portable occupation with every area needing phlebotomists and jobs available in doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and with non-profit agencies such as the American Red Cross.
Phlebotomy is a great career to have right now. Earning potential is far above the cost of education to become one. In addition, phlebotomists usually have little to no school debt. It is a good career to start out in the healthcare field, and many find they enjoy it enough to stay there.
More Phlebotomy Training in Utah
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Bridgerland Applied Technology College||Logan||(435) 753-6780||1301 N 600 W, Logan, UT 84321||batc.edu|