Phlebotomists are a vital part of a healthcare team. Their job is to draw blood from patients for tests, transfusions, or donations. They will also assist patients during and after the procedure to make sure they are comfortable. Most phlebotomists in Utah are able to find full-time employment with benefits, even while training.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Utah
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Administration (BS)
- Healthcare Administration - Gerontology (BS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
In order to become a phlebotomist in Utah, there are a few requirements that need to be met. First and foremost, a phlebotomist must have a high school diploma or GED. Colleges will usually require transcripts. Many schools also require a background check and drug screening. If the school does not, most jobs will. In Utah, training programs must include 40 hours of classroom training, 40 hours of clinical training, and a passing score on clinical assessments. Most programs take somewhere between six and eight weeks. After completion of a program, you will also need to pass an examination from one of the national professional phlebotomy associations. Utah recognizes all national phlebotomy certifications as well as out-of-state certifications.
Application Process and Costs
Every different school of phlebotomy will have different application processes and tuition charges. However, most of them are pretty similar. A background check and drug test are one of the first steps. You will also need a copy of a shot record and to obtain any shots that you are not up-to-date on. You’ll also need a recent TB Test. Some programs will even require applications to have a Basic Life Support Training at the provider level. You’ll also need to fill out an application. Most programs will cost about $600 or less not including any books or supplies. The tuition may or may not include an application fee, background check fee, or drug testing fee. However, many programs include paid externships, where you earn money while still earning your certificate.
Qualified phlebotomy training courses must include 40 hours of classroom experience and 40 hours of clinical experience. Based on this model, there are no entirely online phlebotomy programs that lead to certification. However, it is possible to complete the 40 hours of classroom training online. With this model, you will need to be able to locate a facility where you can do your supervised clinical experiences and hands-on examinations. This is a good option for individuals already employed when they begin their training.
Maintaining Certification/License and Renewal
In order to continue employment eligibility as a phlebotomist, it is important to maintain certification. Most professional organizations that offer national licensure will require phlebotomists to show continued competency in the field by providing documentation of employment and/or completing continuing education courses. Many will also require a fee to renew licenses. Normally, phlebotomists will renew licenses once every three years.
Salary & Job Prospects
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that phlebotomists typically earn about $30,000 per year, which is a very good sum for fewer than three months of education. In Utah, median earnings are slightly higher than the national average at $31,500. In addition, phlebotomy jobs are growing at a rate faster than most other occupations. Phlebotomy is also a very portable occupation with every area needing phlebotomists and jobs available in doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics, and with non-profit agencies such as the American Red Cross.
Phlebotomy is a great career to have right now. Earning potential is far above the cost of education to become one. In addition, phlebotomists usually have little to no school debt. It is a good career to start out in the healthcare field, and many find they enjoy it enough to stay there.
More Phlebotomy Training in Utah
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Bridgerland Applied Technology College||Logan||(435) 753-6780||1301 N 600 W, Logan, UT 84321||batc.edu|