Working with blood can seem an odd choice for a job. However, if you love blood, it’s quite a good choice to become a phlebotomist.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Washington
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Requirements and Eligibility
A limited phlebotomy technician must have 20 hours of classroom training and do 25 supervised skin punctures. A phlebotomy technician I must do a minimum of 40 hours of class room training. As you do your minimum 40 hours of clinical experience, you must do at least 10 skin punctures, and at least 50 venipunctures – both of which will be supervised.
Requirements for becoming a phlebotomy technician II are a combination of having certification to practice as a phlebotomy technician I, and of doing specific training. In particular, you must have a written letter that states you have done 20 arterial punctures (IE, drawing blood from an artery). The letter must be written by a licensed practitioner.
Application and Cost
Depending on where you go, the cost could be higher or lower than in other cities.
The Because We Care school is a good place to start. This is a non-profit organization, and their phlebotomy course covers the circulatory system, ethics, safety, skill training, and more. It is expected that you have had some medical experience before you go to their courses.
The Technical Learning Centers is another place you can go to find phlebotomy training. This one requires that you be 18 years old, at least, and have a high school diploma or GED. You will receive 170 hours of externship and 560 hours of training in the classroom. This gives you a total of 730 hours in total. The entire program is worth 29.4 credit hours.
One online program you can try is Phlebotomy Services. This course is $899, and has a $50 late fee if you register less than three weeks before the classes start. The company also takes into consideration that companies may have their employees taking this course, and if so, will take $50 off the registration cost after three people have signed up.
This course has three days. The first two are online, while the third is completed in person at a location specified on their website a day or two before. If you do not complete the online instruction, you will not be allowed to participate on the third day.
Maintaining and Renewing Your License
When you go to renew your license, you must make sure that you have paid your renewal fee. In addition, you must have had six hours of continued education classes every two years – or three hours every year.
Maintaining your license includes a few more things. Everyone must show their certification in a visible place in their office or their person. You will also be documented for competency. For limited technicians, and phlebotomy technician Is, you will be supervised monthly for a skin puncture review.
Salary and Jobs
If you live closer to Virginia in DC, you might make an average of $28,743. In Maryland, you may make $31,974. Either way, a phlebotomist earns an average of $21,000 upon entry and can earn up to $43,000 or more on the highest end of the scale. Location, job, and employer make up what you are made.
If it’s more expensive to live in your area, your job will pay more. If your employer pays more than another, you’ll earn more. It’s simple mathematics, really.
A phlebotomy job, however, requires clean writing and neatness. This is because you will be mainly drawing blood, labeling, and storing the samples. It may seem counter-intuitive, but do not take hits from your doctor about handwriting.