Becoming a phlebotomist is a highly-respected profession within the medical field. In a nutshell, the activities of this field include the pactice of drawing blood out of a vein from an incision. This type of process happens literally billions of times throughout a given day within the world, so it goes without saying this is a career that has many different opportunities! If you are interested in pursing this field there are a number of steps that you must take in order to start. This article will outline how the process works and what you can expect each step of the way, so consider the following if you are a Washington resident:
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Washington
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Summarize the roles, functions, and impacts of an effective healthcare manager.
- Evaluate existing research using quantitative statistical tools to assist in healthcare management decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and respond to common types of healthcare ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the value of personal and professional development, community service, and life-long learning in healthcare management.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems and technology on healthcare processes and the securing of health information.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on healthcare organizations.
- Graduate Specialization - Healthcare Administration
- Master - Healthcare Administration and Management
- BS - Healthcare Administration and Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
Phlebotomy training in Washington first of all begins with delineating the requirements and eligibility of the potential applicant. In order to be eligible to study for a career in this appealing field, the applicant must first be able to demonstrate that he or she is able to complete a training program from an accredited school. Alternately, the prospective phlebotomist can also get a sign off from a supervisor in the healthcare field that a program was completed. The prospective phlebotomist can either get training in the traditional manner through approved coursework or they acquire the needed training working under an individual in a supervisory role.
Application Process and Costs
For those who elect to go for the traditional route, applying to a school to begin their training is the next step. They need to be aware of the application process and the costs involved. These steps would including submitting proof of a high school education and thoroughly completing the college application. Naturally, the applicant would also have to fulfill any requirements that the their chosen institution might have for admittance into their program as well. Per Washington rules, the aspiring phlebotomist will also have to submit proof of completion of a registered AIDS course in order to start their certification program. The applicant will need to be aware of the current fees for the training in Washington state, which begin with a $115 fee for the application and a $20 surcharge in order to check certification preparation.
There are many online programs that are acceptable and matched up to the standards of the state of Washington. There are online phlebotomy programs listed at a number of institutions, including offerings at Rasmssen College, Stratford University and Tulsa Community College. These programs all vary in tuition requirements, with Tulsa Community College being the lowest at just over $7,000 per year and Stratford being the highest at just above $15,000 in annual tuition. It is important to note that enrolling in an online program does not forgo the hands-on component for this type of degree. However, online students can complete their one-on-one training at a local institution as long as they arrange it ahead of time with their professor and present their identification.
Maintaining Certification/License and Renewal
A practitioner in this medical discipline will first of all need to complete a training program through a regionally accredited school or apprentice under an individual already certified in the field as a healthcare practitioner. In some cases, military training can be utilized to help an individual start their career as well. They must also have seven hours of AIDS education training and they must also sign a document that lists all of the felonies (if any), disciplinary actions, licensure history, professionally liability history, physical and mental health status and certification that they are not impaired due to chemical drug issues as well. Continuing education will be required in order to keep the license valid.
Salary and Job Prospects
The starting salary of a practitioner in this field would be around $15 per hour and around $30,000 per year to start. Job prospects are fairly strong, with a projected growth of 27% over the next decade.