Phlebotomy is a excellent career to get into, with an ever increasing availability of jobs and great potential salaries. However, many people looking into phlebotomy don’t know where to begin. If you are one of these people, don’t worry, you are not alone. Luckily, it is not hard to accomplish once you have found the information you need.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Wyoming
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Gerontology
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (RN-MSN)
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Medical Office Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
The requirements to become a phlebotomist differ in each state. Most states require some form of certification or degree, as well as class time, clinical practice, venipuncture’s and skin punctures.
Anyone over the age of eighteen with a high school diploma or equivalent can be trained in phlebotomy.
Application Process and Costs
Application processes and costs depend on whether you choose to get a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s degree, where you choose to get it and the specific program you choose.
A phlebotomy certificate costs, on average, $1500 to $3500. These programs focus on physiology, equipment, technique, procedure and terminology that you will need in your career. It also allows you to enter the field quickly. While this is the cheapest and fastest option, it doesn’t offer you much variety in employment options.
An associate’s degree in phlebotomy usually takes two years to complete, but it also gives you the opportunity to improve upon and expand your phlebotomy skills while also continuing your general education. The associate’s degree will provide you with more career choices. This is a good option for those looking to eventually become a medical assistant or laboratory technician.
A bachelors degree takes four years to complete. However, this degree offers you the most option and flexibility, including preparing you for a supervisory role or a medical technologist. A degree can cost you up to $29,400, but the potential salary is also greater than it would be for someone with a certificate.
Online programs can be a great choice for anyone who already has a job, children or an otherwise busy schedule. The online courses tend to be cheaper and allow for more flexibility than a traditional classroom experience. However, there are many factors to consider when choosing an online phlebotomy training program. Before registering for any program, you should check to make sure that any certificate or degree you earn will be accepted by possible future employers. If you are going for a degree, you should also be sure that the college or program is accredited.
After determining which programs will give you a valid certificate or accredited degree, the first thing you should do is see if the program requires you to have any form of hands-on experience. Though the terminology and concepts are important, actual experience is perhaps the most important. If a program does not provide you with opportunities for experience, you should look for a different program.
Maintaining Certification/License Renewal
A simple search using the search engine of your choice will provide you with renewal forms to fill out.
Salary and Job Prospects
Phlebotomists are considered to be part of the medical technician industry which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, is increasing in demand. With a phlebotomy certificate or degree, you can choose to work at a hospital, private practice, clinic, blood donation site or an on-site blood testing agency.
Potential salary depends on where you live, where you choose to work and also your specific job. The average starting salary for a phlebotomist is around $20,000 to $25,000 a year. However, with more education and experience comes higher salaries. Someone with more education and experience could make over $40,000 each year.