Phlebotomy is a excellent career to get into, with an ever increasing availability of jobs and great potential salaries. However, many people looking into phlebotomy don’t know where to begin. If you are one of these people, don’t worry, you are not alone. Luckily, it is not hard to accomplish once you have found the information you need.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Wyoming
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Medical Office Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Health and Wellness
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
The requirements to become a phlebotomist differ in each state. Most states require some form of certification or degree, as well as class time, clinical practice, venipuncture’s and skin punctures.
Anyone over the age of eighteen with a high school diploma or equivalent can be trained in phlebotomy.
Application Process and Costs
Application processes and costs depend on whether you choose to get a certificate, associate’s or bachelor’s degree, where you choose to get it and the specific program you choose.
A phlebotomy certificate costs, on average, $1500 to $3500. These programs focus on physiology, equipment, technique, procedure and terminology that you will need in your career. It also allows you to enter the field quickly. While this is the cheapest and fastest option, it doesn’t offer you much variety in employment options.
An associate’s degree in phlebotomy usually takes two years to complete, but it also gives you the opportunity to improve upon and expand your phlebotomy skills while also continuing your general education. The associate’s degree will provide you with more career choices. This is a good option for those looking to eventually become a medical assistant or laboratory technician.
A bachelors degree takes four years to complete. However, this degree offers you the most option and flexibility, including preparing you for a supervisory role or a medical technologist. A degree can cost you up to $29,400, but the potential salary is also greater than it would be for someone with a certificate.
Online programs can be a great choice for anyone who already has a job, children or an otherwise busy schedule. The online courses tend to be cheaper and allow for more flexibility than a traditional classroom experience. However, there are many factors to consider when choosing an online phlebotomy training program. Before registering for any program, you should check to make sure that any certificate or degree you earn will be accepted by possible future employers. If you are going for a degree, you should also be sure that the college or program is accredited.
After determining which programs will give you a valid certificate or accredited degree, the first thing you should do is see if the program requires you to have any form of hands-on experience. Though the terminology and concepts are important, actual experience is perhaps the most important. If a program does not provide you with opportunities for experience, you should look for a different program.
Maintaining Certification/License Renewal
A simple search using the search engine of your choice will provide you with renewal forms to fill out.
Salary and Job Prospects
Phlebotomists are considered to be part of the medical technician industry which, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, is increasing in demand. With a phlebotomy certificate or degree, you can choose to work at a hospital, private practice, clinic, blood donation site or an on-site blood testing agency.
Potential salary depends on where you live, where you choose to work and also your specific job. The average starting salary for a phlebotomist is around $20,000 to $25,000 a year. However, with more education and experience comes higher salaries. Someone with more education and experience could make over $40,000 each year.