When it comes to finding the best education, it is important to consider certified nursing assistant programs. Choosing a CNA program will ensure a rewarding career of helping and caring for patients. CNA’s are responsible for assisting patients with daily living needs including meal and hygiene as well as vital sign monitoring.
List of Elite Programs in Miami
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- And more...
After 35 years of serving Florida’s educational needs, Florida-Technical College has merged with National University College (NUC), which until now had been a sister Institution.
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
When choosing a school for CNA programs, it is important to ensure that you are choosing a school that is accredited. The difference between an accredited and non-accredited school can make all the difference in your career path. Attending an accredited program means you will be receiving quality education with a curriculum that meets the standards of the Florida Department of Health.
CNA certification in Miami, Florida
In order to receive a CNA certification in the state of Florida, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete a CNA training program
- Achieve a passing score on the two part nursing competency examination
The Prometric CNA exam is a two part exam consisting of a written portion and a performance skills assessment. The written portion of the exam is 90 minutes in length and consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. For the skills assessment, the applicant will be asked to complete five nursing assistant tasks, which will be chosen at random.
Once the applicant has passed both portions of the CNA test, his/her name will be placed on the Florida Nursing Assistant Registry within 14 business days. A Level II background screening must also be completed for certification.
Salaries for CNA Certification jobs in Miami, Florida
There is much expected growth in the field of nursing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CNA employment is supposed to increase by 21% between 2012 and 2022; “the average growth rate for all occupations is 11%”. Certified nursing assistants can expect to earn anywhere between $20,000 and $25,000 per year. In Miami, the average salary for certified nursing assistants is $23,000.
List of CNA Certification programs in Miami, Florida
Miami, and neighboring Fort Lauderdale, provide CNA programs that meet the needs of all students with traditional day time programs as well evening courses.
Day Time Programs:
- Miami Job Corps
- Miami Dade College
- Florida Technical College
- ITT Technical Institute
- Florida Vocational Institute
- Florida National University
- Florida Career College
- International Training Careers
- Concorde Career Institute
- Paramount Training Services