There are currently no schools in Las Vegas that offer an occupational therapy program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). However, 20 minutes south in Henderson, Nevada, Touro University offers the only accredited occupational therapy program in the state.
List of Elite Programs in Las Vegas
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Customize your coursework - select a concentration or specialization to best suit your individual and career goals.
- Learn from renowned faculty with real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields.
- Experience dynamic and engaging content through video conferencing and podcasts to engage in real-time conversation and learn to express ideas succinctly and confidently to a diverse group of peers.
- Receive robust, comprehensive career support services to help you define your career goals and leverage your new degree to the fullest.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
To practice as an occupational therapist in Nevada, practitioners must first receive a license to practice within the state. In order to be eligible to apply for a Nevada Occupational Therapist license, a Bachelor or Master’s degree in occupational therapy must be received from an accredited school. In addition to that degree or as part of schooling, 24 weeks of occupational therapy work experience must also be completed. Once these items have been achieved and the graduate passes a criminal background check, a passing score on the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam must be achieved. After these items are reviewed and accepted, the applicant will receive a license to practice as an occupational therapist in the state of Nevada. After a license is granted, the state of Nevada requires 20 continuing competency contact hours in order to renew an occupational therapy license.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The average annual salary for a full-time, licensed occupational therapist in Las Vegas is roughly $70,000, which is about 19 percent lower than the national average.
Occupational Therapy Programs in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered at Touro University in Henderson, Nevada, which is 20 minutes south of Las Vegas, is the only accredited OT program in Nevada. This program offers students the classroom hours as well as work experience hours required to become a licensed occupational therapist. This program also prepares students for the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapists exam, which is also required by the state of Nevada to lawfully practice occupational therapy. In order to apply for this program, students must either have a Bachelor’s degree; an Associate’s degree, plus 30 upper division credit hours; or 90 undergraduate credit hours, 30 of these are required to be upper division credit hours. No matter which of these requirements apply to the students, they must be completed with a minimum 3.0 GPA. There are also some prerequisite courses applicants must complete before being accepted into the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy program offered by Touro University.