Iowa residents who are interested in becoming speech pathologists should note that the way to accomplish this objective is to attain a high quality education. These days, there are a wide range of degree programs, educational classes, and training courses within the state that an individual can enroll in. To get a thorough understanding of your educational options, please be sure to refer to this reference guide:
List of Elite Programs in Iowa
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Midwest Technical Institute (MTI) is a year-round school providing vocational training in skilled trades and allied health career fields where job growth is expected.
- Medical Assisting (9 Months)
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
Find Accredited Speech Language Pathology Education in Iowa
When it’s time for you to select the ideal speech pathology program in Iowa, it’s important that you choose one that is accredited. As many educational experts will tell you, accreditation is incredibly important in the world of academics. This is the case for many reasons, one of which is that accreditation indicates that an educational facility is operating in compliance with educational guidelines and regulations. Another reason you want to attend an accredited school is that employers are much more likely to hire job candidates who have done so. To ensure that you are on the path to selecting an accredited speech pathology program, be sure that you’re putting the words “accredited” or “accreditation” into your keyword search. Once you come to the search engine results pages, you’ll be able to select from several options. Once you start perusing the individual company websites, be sure that you’re looking into relevant information like how much tuition fees will be, what type of internship opportunities the school offers, and how long it will take to complete each course.
Speech Language Pathology Certification in Iowa
If you wish to work within the speech pathology field in the state of Iowa, you must comply with the rules and regulations for attaining licensure. The first requirement is that you earn a master’s degree. You will also need to complete 400 hours of clinical training in a supervised training. Additionally, you’ll be required to complete 9 months worth of clinical training (under supervision). You also have the option of either completing the praxis exam or your Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs).
Salaries for Speech Language Pathology Jobs in Iowa
Iowa residents who want to become speech pathologists should know that they can expect to earn $81,000 annually. Be aware that numerous factors can affect your annual income, including your employer and level of experience.
List of Speech Language Pathology Education in Iowa
University of Iowa
University of Northern Iowa