List of Elite Programs in Florida
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- And more...
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
After 35 years of serving Florida’s educational needs, Florida-Technical College has merged with National University College (NUC), which until now had been a sister Institution.
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- And more...
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting (AOS)
Find Accredited CNA Certification Schools in Florida:
- Daytona State College - Offers a patient care assistant program that prepares students to take the Florida CNA Test. Theory-based coursework and clinical experiences are core components of this program.
- Florida State College - Florida Coast Career Tech offers a nursing assistant program that paves the way for students to work in hospitals, clinics or long-term care facilities. Program components include lab, classroom, and hands-on learning. Students are prepared to take the Florida CNA Exam.
- Palm Beach State College - Course curriculum offers clinical, classroom and lab sessions where students learn the responsibilities of being a member of the health care team. The program helps students prepare for the Florida CNA Exam.
CNA Certification in FloridaCNA certification in Florida requires specific coursework and training hours. Fingerprint cards must be submitted; a background check will be conducted and students must have passed the Certified Nursing Exam. Two photos, proof of immunizations, a high school diploma/GED, and proof of a negative TB test within the past six months is required for the CNA license.
Salaries for CNA Jobs in FloridaAccording to CareerOneStop, Florida nursing assistants earned a high of $30,100 and a low of $18,300 during 2013. Certified nursing assistants are found on the payrolls of retirement facilities, nursing homes, and doctors' offices.
List of CNA Certification Programs in FloridaWhile CNA coursework may vary by school and institution, Florida CNA programs generally cover the following topics: patient/resident rights, infection control, medical terminology, communications, documentation, patient care, patient room upkeep and the legal roles and responsibilities of the health care team.
Many certified nursing assistants find their work to be rewarding. Anyone looking for a career that allows them to work around medical professionals and assist patients with their personal needs and medications may want to consider becoming a CNA. Working as a CNA can also be a springboard for gaining access to other medical professions.
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Pima Medical Institute - Colorado Springs||Colorado Springs||(719) 482-7462||3770 Citadel Drive North|
Colorado Springs, CO 80909