Occupational therapists are valued professionals in the health care community. With the help of occupational therapy, disabled children and adults receive help to participate in activities they want and need. Occupational therapy can also help people recover from injuries and regain needed skills.
List of Elite Programs in Detroit,MI
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Find Accredited Occupational Therapy Schools in Detroit, Michigan
Accredited schools offering occupational therapy classes in Detroit, Michigan include:
- Macomb Community College – Students benefit from lecture courses and supervised, clinical work in the field. Students explore occupational therapy applications, clinical protocols and assessment and screening tools. The program prepares students to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification exam.
- Schoolcraft College – Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program coursework includes human life span development, occupational therapy principles, patient education and intervention, and principles and practice skills.
For employment in Michigan, occupational therapists must show proof of having graduated from an accredited program and logged the required classroom hours. Applicants must show proof of U.S. citizenship, provide photo identification and have a valid Social Security number. A federal background check is an additional requirement, along with a passing grade on the NBCOT exam.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Detroit, Michigan
According to CareerOneStop, occupational therapist salaries in Michigan ranged from a low of $45,000 to a high of $109,000 in 2013. Salary levels are likely the result of local economic conditions, an individual’s work ethic, experience, training and level of education. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, nationwide employment for occupational therapists is expected to grow by 29 percent from 2012 through 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Continuing education can help occupational therapists advance their career.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in Detroit, Michigan
Occupational therapy programs may differ by the level of the program, location, and school. However, programs typically address medical terminology, human anatomy, activity group processes, cognitive evaluation, and disability. Occupational therapy can be a rewarding career for those who enjoy working in a professional environment and helping others maintain a better qualify of life.