Being a large state, New York is a great place for most professionals, and a professional in Occupational Therapy is no different. Below, one will be able to view all of the information needed in order to make a school decision about Occupational Therapy in the state of New York.
List of Elite Programs in New York
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
If one is planning on getting a degree in Occupational Therapy, New York is a great state to look at when it comes to schools. Currently, there are a total of 24 different schools that offer some sort of degree in this field. Therefore, the potential student has a variety of options to choose from that will best suit all of their needs. Below, one will be able to find a few of the different accredited schools that can be chosen in the state of New York.
- CUNY La Guardia Community College
- Dominican College of Blauvelt
- Ithaca College
- Long Island University- Brooklyn Campus
- New York University
- Rockland Community College
- Stony Brook University
- Suffolk County Community College
Occupational Therapy Certification in New York
Depending on if one wants to be an Occupational Therapist or an Occupational therapy assistant, the requirements vary according to the New York Office of the Professions. Regardless of which type of job one wishes to have, in order to hold a license for it, they are required to meet all of the education and examination requirements, and they must promote themselves as having a good moral character. In the state of New York, one must also be 21 years of age to be an occupational therapist, and they must be at least 18 years old in order to be an occupational therapy assistant.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in New York
There are a lot of related fields to Occupational Therapy, but in the state of New York, an Occupational Therapist can expect to make close to $50K a year. The amount one makes has a lot of factors that determines this, but that is the average across the state. Location, degree, and type of license all have a direct effect on this particular average as well.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in New York
Schooling is extremely important if one wishes to become a professional in the field of Occupational Therapy. Depending on the school in which one attend, will determine what aspect of the field they will be qualified for. Below, one can find the three different degrees that are offered at a variety of accredited colleges and universities in New York State.
- Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
|SCHOOL||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||FULL ADDRESS||WEBSITE|