Career opportunities in occupational therapy are growing quickly, particularly with newly expanded access to health care and the aging population of baby boomers. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that jobs for occupational therapists will expand 29 percent in the next 10 years, and positions for occupational therapy assistants will increase by 41 percent. Students interested in joining Sacramento’s 440 occupational therapists and 120 occupational therapy assistants must first enroll in an occupational therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. A list of approved occupational therapy colleges with master’s degree and doctoral degree programs is available through the American Occupational Therapy Association.
List of Elite Programs in Sacrameto
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
- Customize your coursework - select a concentration or specialization to best suit your individual and career goals.
- Learn from renowned faculty with real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields.
- Experience dynamic and engaging content through video conferencing and podcasts to engage in real-time conversation and learn to express ideas succinctly and confidently to a diverse group of peers.
- Receive robust, comprehensive career support services to help you define your career goals and leverage your new degree to the fullest.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - Clinical/Counseling
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling
- And more...
To qualify for occupational therapy licenses in California, students need to take occupational therapy classes at an approved program, complete the relevant occupational therapy degree provisions, perform required occupational therapy training in the field and earn a passing score on the national occupational therapy test. The exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, or NBCOT. Once all of the educational and testing provisions are met, students can apply for a license through the State of California’s Board of Occupational Therapy.
Salaries for Occupational Therapy Jobs in Sacramento
From hospitals and physician offices to nursing homes and home health services, occupational therapists and assistants work in a variety of local settings. As of May 2013, Sacramento-area occupational therapists earned a mean wage of $74,540, with the top 10 percent earning $115, 260. The state mean salary is $89,620, and the national mean salary is $77,890. Occupational therapy assistants in the region earn a salary of $61,660, while the mean state salary is $66,020 and the national salary is $55,250.
List of Occupational Therapy Programs in California
Private master’s degree occupational therapy schools include Samuel Merritt University, Dominican University, University of Southern California, Loma Linda University and University of St. Augusting for Health Sciences, California Campus. The only public occupational therapy university offering a master’s degree program is California State University, Dominguez Hills. For assistant-level education, students have the local occupational therapy college option of Sacramento City College. Elsewhere in the state, Grossmont and Santa Ana colleges are two community college options. Stanbridge College is the only private institution to offer occupational therapy courses for assistants.