Phlebotomy training is a growing field within medicine. There are many students in the Baltimore, MD area who are interested in studying this field. One of the biggest benefits of going into Phlebotomy is the fact that the salary and job prospects are high than ever before. As the population of the United States continues to age, various different fields within medicine will continue to grow as well. Anyone wanting to succeed in this field needs to be ready for a high course load while in school. Here are several of the challenges and benefits of working in Phlebotomy.
List of Phlebotomy Training Schools in Baltimore
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Technician
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
Requirements & Eligibility
There are several different requirements for anyone who wants to be certified in this. There is no degree requirement to take the final test, but it is a good idea to go ahead and finish a medical related degree. There are many people that start in Phlebotomy but end up transferring to other areas of medicine. With all of the courses that are required to take the certification test, it is a good idea to just go ahead and finish school. With all of the different school options in the Baltimore area, there is no excuse for students not to.
Application Process & Costs
The application process is rather simple and can be completed online. The final examination costs less than $1,000 to take. However, if a student does not pass this exam the first time they will have to pay some of that cost again to retake the exam. At the end of the day, it is much easier to study and pass the exam the first time around. There are many students who do not take the time they should in studying for the Phlebotomy exam. In the long run, this will cost the students a lot of time and money.
There are many different online programs that students can choose from in the Baltimore area. One of the most common things for students to do is complete most of the course work in an online format and then take the test in person. There are several different advantages to completing a degree online. One of the biggest is the fact that it gives students a ton of different options with their time. Online classes can usually be completed any time, and this is a huge advantage for students who are working and going to school. Always make sure to explore different online options when choosing a school to attend.
Maintaining Certification/License & Renewal
There are several different aspects to maintaining certification in the field of Phlebotomy. After the initial exam is passed, it is important to get the required number of hours every year in the field. The good news is that anyone who has a job in this field will easily hit the hours threshold.
Salary & Job Prospects
One of the biggest reasons that students are drawn to the field of Phlebotomy is the salary and job prospects offered after graduation. Many students in the Baltimore area make nearly $50,000 a year after graduation. This is a large sum of money for anyone who is just graduating from school. There are many people who are going in to this career field because it offers a lot of room for growth in the medical field overall. If a student wants to be successful long term, it is important to invest in continuing education. This is the fastest way to advance in the medical field and the best way to stay in touch with patient needs.